Mistral Inc., a member of the Mistral Group, is seeking a Director of Engineering for its growing fabrication and industrial manufacturing facility located in the Baltimore, MD area. The Director of Engineering will direct and supervise design and manufacturing of semi-confined, fully confined and fully sealed blast containment/pressure chambers using blast physics in confined structures, DOD UFC 3-340-02 principles and FEM analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and supervise design and manufacturing of Company’s IP products.
- Direct, develop and conduct functional and test procedures for Company products.
- Design systems using Systems Engineering approach, and cost effective production techniques through design to cost and value engineering.
- Provide technical support to Business Units, Quality and Manufacturing departments.
- Develop automated electro-mechanical systems and be a technical writer on as needed basis.
- Advise management of new developments in Mistral’s IP lines or manufacturing technologies which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Control and management of Technical Data Packages using SolidWorks CAD, Microsoft Office and ERP system inventory and manufacturing tools.
- Provide direction and supervision to Manufacturing Engineer.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Essential Education, Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
- 5 years of progressive experience in utilizing blast physics methodology in closed structures.
- Proficient in Solid Works CAD, FEM analysis (at least 5 years of proven experience).
- Advanced MS project skills, Gantt charts, WBS and SOW definition.
- Knowledge in blast physics in closed structures and behavior; manufacturing process, R&D project planning, test designs.
- Knowledgeable in DOD UFC 3-340-02, ASTM E2639-12 and ASTM E2740-12 principles and requirements.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Multi-tasker, problem solver, detailed oriented.
- Must have a can-do attitude and an ability to think outside of the box.
A comprehensive wage and benefits package is available. Forward resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org